Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danny

Inferno Conversation: Mario Chalmers

30 posts in this topic

670_chalmersquestions_130122.jpg

(Photo Credit: Nathaniel Butler)

Mario Chalmers was kind enough to answer some questions submitted by you, the inhabitants of The Inferno. I hope you enjoy.

(Previous editions of Inferno Conversations can be found here (Norris Cole) and here (Joel Anthony).

KKinsey: What was better hitting the game tying shot in the NCAA game over D-Rose, Hitting 10 3's against the Kings, or Your game 4 performance in the Finals last year?

Probably hitting the shot over Derrick Rose.

Is that because it was just one, really big play?

Yea, one big play that propelled us to winning a national championship.

KKinsey: What music have you been bumping lately?

The Wale Folarin mixtape.

KKinsey and LebronaldPalmer45: Pre-game Rituals?

I take a nap and take a shower before the game.

305LWB: What do you think about having a fan club that calls you the GOAT (Greatest of all-time)?

That doesn’t bother me.

Tay015: What goes through your mind when you're ready to take a big shot?

Nothing.

Ever lose confidence?

No.

AMas92: Do you miss wearing number 6?

Nah.

RotaryP7 and Tay015: On which aspects of your game, do you think you need to work on the most?

Finishing around the rim.

JulesWinnfield: Favorite road arena?

The Staples center. It’s just because it’s one of the biggest arenas around.

RotaryP7: Have you ever gone 1-on-1 against Ray Allen in a three-point shooting contest?

Yep.

Ever beat him?

Yep. I beat him once.

Tay015: Who’s been the biggest influence in your life?

Dwyane Wade in the background: Me

(Chuckles) My father.

WB3: Who did you model your game after?

Michael Adams. I was a big T-Mac fan and that guy over there (nods at Wade), D-Wade. So a little bit of those two.

Wuchuhurd: Who is your all-time favorite Jayhawk?

Besides me? Probably Paul Pierce.

ThunderDAN: If you had to pick one, which play brings you the most joy: a steal, an assist, a three-pointer or a driving basket?

A steal. Because I like the defensive end.

ThunderDAN: There’s a commercial where Chris Paul has a long lost twin that's an insurance agent. If you had a long lost twin, what would he be like?

He’d probably be a commentator.

Basketball commentator?

Yep.

1 person likes this

Yeah didn't seem to have much time to answer questions. Interesting read none the less. Haha d wade clownin'

Man if D-wade replyed for Mario when he was asked who was his biggest influence in his life then that means that he was there when you where interviewing him! So that might means that in the near future you might be able to interview D-wade too!

OMG! I'd pass out if i could ask him a question lol.

Lol at Wade from the background, that's great.

Good stuff again Danny. Surprised DP didn't get a chance to ask anything. James Jones next would be awesome if there's a chance of that.

@WB3 - Yeah I had to use the link, I had no clue who he was lol. Only Mike Adams I knew of was one that played in the NFL.

Interesting that Paul Pierce is his favorite Jayhawk. It will make watching those two play each other a little different for me now haha

Interesting that Paul Pierce is his favorite Jayhawk. It will make watching those two play each other a little different for me now haha

It's funny cuz I hate Paul Pierce with a passion and yet Chalmers is my 2nd favorite player so it's weird.

He really just wanted to go with himself, but I made him pick someone else.

1 person likes this

Michael Adams was the face of those all time awful Denver defensive teams that gave up 150 ppg (or some crazy number) in the early 90s. Way to go Mario

Great interview. I missed it. Mr. Chalmers, if you read this, keep up the good work. I just love your bravery and courageousness, especially in big games. You are developing very well. It is easy to see that, not too long from now, you are going to be THE floor general. In fact, you can be that now. Take the lead, my brother. Do what it takes. Create excitement. The only limit you set, is the one you set for yourself. Turn it on. Elevate. Study your guys. Keep studying the game. The world is your oyster!

We're all rooting for ya!

1 person likes this

The ***? When was the thread made askin what would you like to ask rio? Man this is some BS how dare you ask rio questions and not consult me

The ***? When was the thread made askin what would you like to ask rio? Man this is some BS how dare you ask rio questions and not consult me

Yesterday and the day before. We were wondering where you were at.

What questions would you have asked?

Yesterday and the day before. We were wondering where you were at.

What questions would you have asked?

It dont even matter..

tumblr_m7inf69jSx1qmg4ti.gif

He does look like Dwayne out there sometimes though, in flashes. Now time to check out that mix tape.

• Similar Content

• By Joe B.
      Photo Credit: Chris Covatta
      At 3:30 PM ET, I will ask a trivia question in this thread to give away one Josh Richardson signed photo. A two-part question will be asked and the first eligible person who responds correctly with both answers will be declared the winner. Please note that you must live in the U.S. since your prize will be mailed to you.
      READ the full rules here to make sure you’re eligible: http://www.nba.com/heat/miami-heat-inferno-trivia-contest-official-rules-august-24-2016-josh-richardson-signed-photo

• By Joe B.
      Photo Credit: Joe Murphy
      Thought you guys would enjoy this. Let me know what you think of the interface and whatnot.

• By Joe B.
      Photo Credit: Jesse D. Garrabrant
      Coach Spo discusses what Derrick Williams can bring to the HEAT:

Meet the HEAT: Derrick Williams

• By Joe B.
      Photo Credit: Kevin C. Cox
      Coach Spo briefly discusses his vision for the team and the possibilities heading into the year:

• By Joe B.
      Photo Credit: Kent Smith
      Coach Spo talks about embracing change and the defensive identity of the team: