Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michael_beasy_beasley

The Official Chris "Birdman" Andersen Thread

552 posts in this topic

WHy are people arguing about heights here? Its funny.. ANyways this is supposed to be the birdman thread and he just showed hustle and rebounds again.. He got more impact in the game in his 15 minutes than UD in his 17.. Just saying..

WHy are people arguing about heights here? Its funny.. ANyways this is supposed to be the birdman thread and he just showed hustle and rebounds again.. He got more impact in the game in his 15 minutes than UD in his 17.. Just saying..

Birdman is much more productive lately than UD. Im just wondering if Spo will have the courage and try to put him temporarily as one of the starters.

NOT REALLY

ARE U COUNTING AN INCH OF SCOTTIES FRO? ROFL

THE SHORTEST BARKELY CAN BE IS 6 5, PEOPLE HAVE SAID THIS

BUT NO ONE EVER SAYS JORDAN IS 6 4, YOUR BLOGS ARE RETARDED

Not to harp on it, but there are a lot if sites that contest Jordan was between 6-4 and 6-5 true height... also contending Barkley is between 6-3 and 6-5. Google it. Here's a few links:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123484&page=22

http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?4427-NBA-NBA-Pre-Draft-Measurement

http://cezl.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/gary-payton-nba.jpg

If he were a few years younger, Chris Andersen could have started

1 person likes this

It's not that Andersen isn't capable of starting, it's just he probably has greater impact off the bench on most nights. High energy, motor like that as a utility role player is exactly a perfect player to bring on second unit IMO... especially when our best starting unit come play offs will likely be a guy like Battier at the 4 who can stretch defenses while also making smart plays which bring best out of rest of starting unit.

RE: the height conversation, I didn't start it. I corrected whoever said Love is 6-11 (he is more like 6-8), and he suggested that the centers in today's NBA were weak sauce because a little guy like that was dominating boards... I only pointed out that Barkley, Rodman and Ben Wallace were all extremely dominant rebounders against a great generation of HOF calibre centers and those dudes were all undersized between 6-4 and 6-7... then SPO & gang insisted it was crazy to suggest Barkley was that short, when in fact he is and I provided links to where he admitted it and other discussions of true heights. I really could give a flying fcuk, but also know when I am right about something. Regardless, most people's heights vary day to day morning to night by as much as half an inch based on how hydrated your spinal cord is. But height means nothing when you have a wingspan like an orangutan and know how to box out, position and out leap slower players.

Yes exactly Chris Anderson is much more suitable when he comes up the bench. And since you guys haven't heard any news about the Greg Oden I think you better sign Birdman for the rest of the season.

Heat need to let Pittman go if we can get Oden. But birdman 10 day contracts can only be twice right?

But it looks like for you that Oden won't come to you any time sooner. That's exactly the point. You can't wait any longer and look for alternatives and close the deal with Birdman as another insurance policy for the rest of the year.

I think lets forget about this Oden playing in Miami. I think his plan of publicizing he wants to play with the heat is just a scheme to lure other teams that would hopefully signs him and he'll get a very good deal. Although hed be a great acquisition for future sake but make him the least priority at most. Our priority should be andersen and he proved he deserves a spot in miami this year.

I think lets forget about this Oden playing in Miami. I think his plan of publicizing he wants to play with the heat is just a scheme to lure other teams that would hopefully signs him and he'll get a very good deal. Although hed be a great acquisition for future sake but make him the least priority at most. Our priority should be andersen and he proved he deserves a spot in miami this year.

Exactly my words. Move on and forget Greg Oden, go for alternatives, Andersen first, and Mozgov second... Case closed

Yes exactly Chris Anderson is much more suitable when he comes up the bench. And since you guys haven't heard any news about the Greg Oden I think you better sign Birdman for the rest of the season.

Regardless if Oden comes or not I think it's pretty clear Andersen has earned his place on this team already having an impact.

Yes, Andersen is balling.

But, I still say we should start Anthony at center, move Bosh over to PF and have Andersen come relieve Anthony for a spell.

Dunno why that hasn't happened yet. Free Bosh! Let him play in his comfort zone..

or

Do whatever you have done to him in these past two games. Keep that up!

Either way, Birdman has obviously been a very fortunate cog the Heat seemingly needed.

I'm just glad he was able to clear his name and get a public apology from the news service that mis-reported details of that investigation. I get a feeling that was a big part of his comeback being put on hold so that he had no outside baggage to bring to his new team and can focus 100% to energy on the game. Had that not been a factor he likely would have been snapped up sooner by a team like Knicks or Celtics IMO.

any news about him? i mean, are there any news of another 10 day contract or perhaps signing the rest of the season.. Looking at what he can do in( as what he call it ) a 50% healthy birdman, he can do a lot than what a fully healthy Pitt can do.. This should be a no brainer...

Birdman is doing really well for us right now. His energy is much needed and is awesome off the bench. I do agree with letting Bosh return to PF in his comfort zone. We look faster on defense when Joel is out there. But it's good having another shot blocker and a body that can actually protect the rim some what.

any news about him? i mean, are there any news of another 10 day contract or perhaps signing the rest of the season.. Looking at what he can do in( as what he call it ) a 50% healthy birdman, he can do a lot than what a fully healthy Pitt can do.. This should be a no brainer...

they will probably sign him for the rest of the year once his 10 day is up

Doesn't anyone remember what Bosh was like when he played in his "comfort zone" next to Anthony? The man rarely made it closer than 20 ft to the basket and when he did the double was automatic. I'm all for giving Anthony more minutes but Bosh is the one that suffers the most.

I'm just glad he was able to clear his name and get a public apology from the news service that mis-reported details of that investigation. I get a feeling that was a big part of his comeback being put on hold so that he had no outside baggage to bring to his new team and can focus 100% to energy on the game. Had that not been a factor he likely would have been snapped up sooner by a team like Knicks or Celtics IMO.

Agree. Fortunately we landed this type of calliber. However, it would be great if he will be signed throughout the year and then extend his contract 2-3 yrs. I mean he really is destined to play here coz our mascott is a bird and andersen is also a bird.lol

Doesn't anyone remember what Bosh was like when he played in his "comfort zone" next to Anthony? The man rarely made it closer than 20 ft to the basket and when he did the double was automatic. I'm all for giving Anthony more minutes but Bosh is the one that suffers the most.

I agree with you when it comes to scoring, Bosh scores better from the C position because he doesn't have a big clogging the paint. Everything else becomes harder for him though. His rebounding is down becauses he's having to deal with stronger and bigger players and defensively his stats are worse this year because he's often the only big in the paint and he's really not much of a shot blocking presence and more of just a good rotation defender. It's to bad we cant find a center who can blocks shots, rebound decently AND hit a jumper. Somebody like a Cleveland Big Z would be perfect for this team.

Didn't LeBron James want to get Bosh more involved in the offense???

I agree with you when it comes to scoring, Bosh scores better from the C position because he doesn't have a big clogging the paint. Everything else becomes harder for him though. His rebounding is down becauses he's having to deal with stronger and bigger players and defensively his stats are worse this year because he's often the only big in the paint and he's really not much of a shot blocking presence and more of just a good rotation defender. It's to bad we cant find a center who can blocks shots, rebound decently AND hit a jumper. Somebody like a Cleveland Big Z would be perfect for this team.

We did have Big Z but we didn't give him enough minutes.

We did have Big Z but we didn't give him enough minutes.

Lol I said Cleveland Big Z, not the washed up one that was here. Wish we would of gotten him a ring though :(