Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

305LWB

2013 NBA Playoff Thread

1,765 posts in this topic

Do the Bulls have a chance in this series? I think their only chance is a couple of fluke Nate Robinson games

Do the Bulls have a chance in this series? I think their only chance is a couple of fluke Nate Robinson games

Same problem as always.. they don't know where their baskets are gonna come from

Honestly, it is. He's gonna have to score for them to have a chance to win. They just simply don't have the scoring to compete.

They definitely have a chance but I still have Brooklyn in 6. The majority of the media predicted the Bulls would win.

Deron is FEASTING. He's always been a good postseason performer. This looks like it might be the most boring game today.

Their 2nd best scorer only played 7 mins by halftime

you gonna lose alright, dumbasss Tibado... but really Tibado is an idiot for not placing Kirk on Gerald Wallace, Deng on Joe Johnson... they might have a chance

rmrRco.gif

What happened to the Bulls physicality every time they play the Heat?

Why they acting like puussies all of a sudden

What happened to the Bulls physicality every time they play the Heat?

Why they acting like puussies all of a sudden

Brooklyn is big too and they're good. If they could ever develop some consistency, they'd be scary

The Bulls will always be cursed as long as they have Carlos Boozer.. he screwed over a blind guy.. there's no coming back from that

Man I want to watch this Clippers Memphis game badly but I got work early as *** tomorrow. What should I do? *LeBron voice*

1 person likes this

to be honest I don't understand why nobody's talking about the Nets being a threat to Miami. I don't base on this one game only, but since the All Star break this team's been playing very well. For me they are the biggest threat to Miami due to its well-rounded lineup from one through five, with the resurrect Deron Williams and other All Stars. They have multiple stars which playoffs is all about.

to be honest I don't understand why nobody's talking about the Nets being a threat to Miami. I don't base on this one game only, but since the All Star break this team's been playing very well. For me they are the biggest threat to Miami due to its well-rounded lineup from one through five, with the resurrect Deron Williams and other All Stars. They have multiple stars which playoffs is all about.

I've said all along that I'm more worried about Brooklyn than the Knicks

1 person likes this

and like I've been saying, the Nets just don't match up well against Miami

I think they match up fine.. they're just inconsistent and they have no confidence that they can beat Miami. As far as talent goes, they have the 2nd most in the East. They're dynamic at PG and Center. If you went into a lab and built a guy to defend LeBron, it would be Gerald Wallace (not that he can stop him). Joe Johnson makes big shots. The only reason they finished 4th is because DWill didn't start playing to form until after the All Star break

Not trying to disrespect Brooklyn but Im not worried about them at all if they advance. When your basket protection is Brook Lopez and Reggie Evans against LeBron and Wade I like our chances. Pacers, Knicks, and Celtics are all higher on my list of teams to be worried about in the East. Anyways lets just worry about getting past the Bucks 1st :D

Not trying to disrespect Brooklyn but Im not worried about them at all if they advance. When your basket protection is Brook Lopez and Reggie Evans against LeBron and Wade I like our chances. Pacers, Knicks, and Celtics are all higher on my list of teams to be worried about in the East. Anyways lets just worry about getting past the Bucks 1st :D

Brooke Lopez averaged more blocks/game than Tyson Chandler.. 2.1 vs 1.1.. and anybody on the Celtics. And Brooklyn has more ways to score. I never worry that much about teams that HAVE to make threes to win (the Knicks). The Pacers can't keep up on the scoreboard. Neither can the Bulls (if they somehow advance). The Celtics are prone to scoring droughts too, like we saw today. Brooklyn is the only team with the horses in the East.

I think they match up fine.. they're just inconsistent and they have no confidence that they can beat Miami. As far as talent goes, they have the 2nd most in the East. They're dynamic at PG and Center. If you went into a lab and built a guy to defend LeBron, it would be Gerald Wallace (not that he can stop him). Joe Johnson makes big shots. The only reason they finished 4th is because DWill didn't start playing to form until after the All Star break

MIami has been able to score at will in the paint against them and I just don't see how they can rotate out to Miami's shooters when they are starting guys like Brook Lopez and Reggie Evans at the same time. Conversely I don't see how they can spread Miami out on defense with their lack of shooters which will make it easy for them to swarm around. Theres a reason Brooklyn hasn't even reached 90 in any of the 3 meetings

Brooke Lopez averaged more blocks/game than Tyson Chandler.. 2.1 vs 1.1.. and anybody on the Celtics. And Brooklyn has more ways to score. I never worry that much about teams that HAVE to make threes to win (the Knicks). The Pacers can't keep up on the scoreboard. Neither can the Bulls (if they somehow advance). The Celtics are prone to scoring droughts too, like we saw today. Brooklyn is the only team with the horses in the East.

Using blocks as measure of basket protection smiley-rofl.gif

Brooklyn's offense is mainly ISO's or Deron and Lopez pick&rolls. Two things we are great at defending.

Nets are not the most talented either.

Like I said there is no reason to worry about the Nets anymore than the Pacers or Knicks. Pacers play stifling defense and have bigs who can pound us down low and make it hard to score at the rim. Knicks have excellent floor spacing, can hit a ton of 3's and can pass the ball well when Melo isn't chucking. Where exactly does Brooklyn cause matchup problems besides Deron against Chalmers?

Damn, that Nuggets/Warriors game was awesome. Andre Miller really amazes me, with his frame and body type that he uses his craftiness so well. He's up there with Rondo and Rubio for most creative players in the league. And talking about Brooklyn, they do have great talent, and on paper they SHOULD match up well. They have Wallace to bother LBJ, and the two positions that give us the hardest times, point guards and centers, are the Nets two best positions. They have the best scoring center in the game and one of the best pgs in the game. BUT...

When you look at their offensive game plan and philosophy and team defense, we would take em out in 5 every time. Like WB said, they run P&Rs and Isos, and you will never beat our defense with that. I for one think that Brooklyn should retool and try and sign the 3 point dude from the Hawks, can't remember his name right now, and try and build a more fast paced transition passing offense. Trust me, aside from today, their offense is dreadfully slow. And though they play good defense, idk, we torch em in the paint.

I think the knicks match up better to us, both in reality and in paper. Melo is a great X-Factor, and if they are hitting 3s, it's tough too beat them. But we will take them in 5 as well.

Carmelo is 17-37 (.315) in playoff career, lowest personal playoff winning % of 451 players in history that have played in 50+ playoff games

so he's 18-37 right now

Pretty much terrible, his only 2 series win when they are the heavy favorites to win and now is on another opportunity to win his 3rd playoff series against a injury plagued team and a terrorist stricken city :unsure: