Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LeBronNY2014

(Pippen, Jordan, Rodman) Bulls vs (Wade, LeBron, Bosh) Heat

51 posts in this topic

This is silly...as much as I love my Heat...the Bulls would sweep in either time period. Not Close IMHO.

I wasn't going to comment on this, but I am laughing here. I can agree with Wade being past his prime and old and Bosh losing his swagger(he never had swagger, not on the Raptors and not on the Heat), but Lebron declining now? In what world? This coming from a big Lebron hater

I despise Lebron and I agree, he is definitely not declining. I do think he's getting worn out from playing so much and needs more help, but otherwise he's fine. 

I wasn't going to comment on this, but I am laughing here. I can agree with Wade being past his prime and old and Bosh losing his swagger(he never had swagger, not on the Raptors and not on the Heat), but Lebron declining now? In what world? This coming from a big Lebron hater

Man you guys suck at getting sarcasm

Man you guys suck at getting sarcasm

She's a borderline retard man, she can't help it. lol

Jordan was a better defender than Lebron. LBJ can guard a lot of positions but isn't a very good on-ball defender. Proof is that the Heat are much more efficient defensively without him on the court this season. That never happened with MJ.

Believe it or not it actually did. With that said I agree Jordan was a better defender one on one but LeBron besides this year has been a great one on one defender. The fact that he's able to guard PG's so well is a testament to that. I also think LeBron when locked in has more impact on help defense simply because he can guard the PG in a pick & roll and switch to the roll man.

With today's rules it would be Miami, with 90s rules it's a coinflip.

With today's rules Miami wins in a close series lol can you imagine Rodman getting techs every play, 90's rules Bulls win easily.

With today's rules it would be Miami, with 90s rules it's a coinflip.

lol. James would destroy this fragile 6'4" 205 scrub who happened to be the most athletic in that no show 90's. Modern medicine has increased, athleticism has increased. oh and btw he wouldn't get the calls, the very same calls he received protecting him from any contact, not even hand check plus he has no jump shot, James will lock down all 3 of those scrubs he don't need wade and bosh just something weaker, a giraffe or so!

By my definition of rules I never meant this physical ******** that is being promoted as if it's something that made basketball good. It only made 7ft tall guys desirable in the NBA because they didn't need to know a lick of defense, they could always just push you to the ground if you blew past them.

What I meant by 90s is the no zone rule, the general style of ball being played and pace. The Bulls were one of the slowest paced teams in that time but they were still right there with what's considered fast today. Jordan, Pippen and Rodman never saw 7ft dudes shoot threes or midrange jumpers like Bosh does. 3pt shooting wasn't really that popular and we all know how bad Jordan was at it. Sure he popped it up to mid 30s percentage wise towards the end of his career but the dude needed like 6 seasons to actually go from 10% to more,...

It's why I think is retarded to even try comparing teams, players, whatever,... we will never know and basketball is very different than it was. An average fan today can dissect any player's game into smallest detail just by watching youtube because everything is accesible. Back then if you missed the game you only saw Jordan on the front page with a surreal number that highlighted his performance and that was it. They had to record games on tapes and rewatch them which I imagine took a shitload of time whereas now even we can see on nba.com every field goal made, almost every movement by a player, we have so many charts, articles, statistics that it's crazy.

So if an average fan has acces to all that, what do the teams have? The detail must be insane which gives everybody an edge over opposite team's players. 20 years ago you would need a season's worth of video tape to study Jordan's moves at which point he was already working on other moves,... 

1 person likes this

By my definition of rules I never meant this physical ******** that is being promoted as if it's something that made basketball good. It only made 7ft tall guys desirable in the NBA because they didn't need to know a lick of defense, they could always just push you to the ground if you blew past them.

What I meant by 90s is the no zone rule, the general style of ball being played and pace. The Bulls were one of the slowest paced teams in that time but they were still right there with what's considered fast today. Jordan, Pippen and Rodman never saw 7ft dudes shoot threes or midrange jumpers like Bosh does. 3pt shooting wasn't really that popular and we all know how bad Jordan was at it. Sure he popped it up to mid 30s percentage wise towards the end of his career but the dude needed like 6 seasons to actually go from 10% to more,...

It's why I think is retarded to even try comparing teams, players, whatever,... we will never know and basketball is very different than it was. An average fan today can dissect any player's game into smallest detail just by watching youtube because everything is accesible. Back then if you missed the game you only saw Jordan on the front page with a surreal number that highlighted his performance and that was it. They had to record games on tapes and rewatch them which I imagine took a shitload of time whereas now even we can see on nba.com every field goal made, almost every movement by a player, we have so many charts, articles, statistics that it's crazy.

So if an average fan has acces to all that, what do the teams have? The detail must be insane which gives everybody an edge over opposite team's players. 20 years ago you would need a season's worth of video tape to study Jordan's moves at which point he was already working on other moves,... 

Hmmm, that's a very valid point. I never really thought about that. 

Actually teams where using floating zone in illegal defense era. Anyway Im just wondering if Bulls can stop Wade, LeBron and Bosh when they are on the zone.

She's a borderline retard man, she can't help it. lol

So I'm a retard? I'm not the one making fun of people of the internet like you, now that's retarded. I bet in real life we'd be tight

I don't think either team would work in either era so I don't see how you can compare them.  In this era you cannot have two players with no offensive skill on the court together.....good defensive teams will simply ignore them, and as talented as Jordan and Pippen were they couldn't play 2 on 5.  Likewise this whole small ball approach would have gotten destroyed by teams like the Bulls 20 yrs ago.

I actually think a guy like Lebron would have been even more dominant in a time where physical contact on the perimeter was overlooked.....then again who's to say someone could have developed a physique like Lebron's without an army of physical therapists and nutritionists hovering over him since he was 18?

Bulls will win in 5 or 6 games.

The consistency, the desire to win every game, the killer instinct mentality of Bulls cannot be denied.

The Heat are somewhat a little disinterested on winning every game, more like a coasting through the season.

Hmmm, I think I misunderstood the thread title. I thought this was a straight 3v3.  

So I'm a retard? I'm not the one making fun of people of the internet like you, now that's retarded. I bet in real life we'd be tight

Uh, yeah, probably not. I don't get along well with fans of New York sports teams. I'm Miami to the core.

Ooooooooook I've had enough of the sucking off of the Bulls and the "90's Jordan Era".

1) You do realize that the legal hard fouls ended with Jordan losing to the Pistons for the 3rd time right? Yeah that's when the rules got re-written to FAVOR Jordan.

Yeah those touch-foul 21ft turnaround jumpers that sent Jordan to the line for 2. Remember those 2014 calls? YEAH THESE TOUCH FOULS STARTED WITH JORDAN. AND HIS "ERA OF TOUGHNESS" AND DEEPEST LEAGUE THERE EVER WAS. Who did Jordan play in those Finals again?? Oh yeah those killer championship dynasties that Jordan barely overcame of Barkley and Malone etc. Those guys had sooooooo many rings and Ewing let me tell you how wait... yeah DHoward could end up just as HOF as him. Man that EAST WAS TOUGH when Jordan was making it into the playoffs with less than 40 wins.

2) You do recall when Jordan... RAKED THE FACE OF REGGIE MILLER....  and REGGIE was ejected and Jordan finished the game right? Oh ok just checking because that's what happens in the Jordan hard-foul tough guy era.

3) Oh yeah Magic saying don't STAND too close to Jordan or it's a foul, oh that's right that's that 2014 superstar favoritism calls again that would make Jordan average 50. Oh wait a minute, he already got those calls ;)

4) I understand the Bulls Dynasty and I LOVE those Bulls and respect them incredibly. But OMG you do realize they got they're **** stomped in every now and then and they DIDN'T face much of a competition in the Finals. They got their aszes stomped by 20 in the Finals and Jordan barely got 16 points in the Finals and Jordan's hardest challenge was a end-of-their-era Magic/Lakers squad. The NBA physicality **** ended with Jordan's 3rd straight Pistons loss and that took the teeth out of the Pistons because they couldn't touch him anymore so quit with that nonsense. Jordan didn't have it hard after that.

Heat's best players in its franchise would curve stomp the Bulls best.

1 person likes this