Matthew_Dwade

The Official Hassan Whiteside Thread

GQ7    1,348

Yall know me, Im all about 2nd chances and reclamation projects...I like the signing & the potential (although I am a bit bummed that it was at Shannon's expense), but Im not gonna expect too much from Whiteside other than being a big body.

I also not surprised at the signing being that Birdman went down (again). So Im excited to see how this plays out (if he even plays).

#HEATLifer

• Like 1

atm365    110

Yall know me, Im all about 2nd chances and reclamation projects...I like the signing & the potential (although I am a bit bummed that it was at Shannon's expense), but Im not gonna expect too much from Whiteside other than being a big body.

I also not surprised at the signing being that Birdman went down (again). So Im excited to see how this plays out (if he even plays).

#HEATLifer

Although the deal was in the works beforehand.

Ivan Cruz    1

I like this signing it give us another big body in the paint. I hope Birdman can be healthy real soon. UD and and Birdman can be a really good mentor to this kid. I wish the whole team will be ready and healthy starting December we are on of the few teams that's having injury bug. we are lucky because its all minor and does not need surgery. So I am very optimistic that they all gonna have healthy body on Sunday against New York. We have injuries and still 8-6 with wade gonna be missing his 7th game of the season. I just wish he learns from this. I remember last year he got injured the same way against Indiana too. Lets go HEAT. I hope spo give minutes to this KID..

ZoMourningJr    106

I am not sure if his NBA experience with Kings is a valid/fair  evaluation of this guy's skills (only like 18 games in two seasons, with 6 minute av. playing time).... But, I think what he did in the Chinese Basketball league is very impressive (DPOY, Center of the Year, Undefeated in the league, Won the League Championship n the Finals MVP - insane stats in 2013)....

I hope that his defense/skills will help us to have some presence in the paint on both sides of the court.... We'll see, good luck! No injuries please!

#HEATLifer

where you've been man? haven't seen you post lately.

all i ask for Mr. Whiteside is box out and rebound and intimidate and don't get posterized.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! HEAT NATION!

MaxHeat69    459

Please dear Heat coaching staff, please speed up your projects while they have potential,... like it worked out with Shabazz Napier. 

It will help James Ennis and it may help Hassan Whiteside, too,...

So please, hurry up and take a risk, 'cause it's very urgent.....

SCIENTIST SPO    1,929

Please dear Heat coaching staff, please speed up your projects while they have potential,... like it worked out with Shabazz Napier. 

YEA I DONT THINK THE COACHING STAFF READS YOUR POSTS

xlpgm0q.png

MaxHeat69    459

WE'LL NEVER SOLVE OUR CENTER PROBLEMS IF WE DO NOTHING ABOUT IT,.... SIMPLE AS THAT,....

3ballbomber    234

The big diff of Shabazz and other young players we've had is the fact that he came into the league impressing everybody not only how professional and mature he is but how naturally gifted he is playing his position. He has that 'IT' factor and you just know he will be something special. He took his minutes like everybody else and showed the world he has something valuable that can be developed.

Where as players such as Ennis has been up & down, inconsistent & hasn't really proven he can play w/ the big boys. Ennis needs to take the minutes his given and give 120%. Let the organisation know he belongs out there.

3ballbomber    234

WE'LL NEVER SOLVE OUR CENTER PROBLEMS IF WE DO NOTHING ABOUT IT,.... SIMPLE AS THAT,....

It has not been a priority in the past 4 seasons. Riley was caught off guard w/ Lebrons departure so again we could not address the issue the way we would like. I guarantee now though that it will be a priority from here on out.

The big diff of Shabazz and other young players we've had is the fact that he came into the league impressing everybody not only how professional and mature he is but how naturally gifted he is playing his position. He has that 'IT' factor and you just know he will be something special. He took his minutes like everybody else and showed the world he has something valuable that can be developed.

Where as players such as Ennis has been up & down, inconsistent & hasn't really proven he can play w/ the big boys. Ennis needs to take the minutes his given and give 120%. Let the organisation know he belongs out there.

I actually think Ennis is coming along well...the stat sheet won't show you most nights but he's learning suddle things that'll help him become a legit player for us for ex. Basket cuts, hustling, etc. Seems like he's getting better each game

Agreed with Napier though, his leadership ks what sets him apart from Cole & Chalmers & his ballhandling is elite caliber