Edcanes

With 14th pick in the 2017 draft the Miami Heat select....

7 hours ago, JustiseForHeat20 said:

we arent picking 14. Heat are moving up and taking Monk.

only if riley knows waiters isnt signing. and isaac or markannen are better fits for the team. miami already has too many guards. a 6-4 guard even plays small forward.

If Dennis Smith falls I'd grab him.  I think there's a chance teams get scared off when he works out for them and shows just how far he needs to go.  Another Payton/Mudiay.

Justin Jackson tops my list of more probable candidates....makes too much sense even if he overlaps in a lot of ways with White.

Terrance Ferguson would be interesting and one of the higher upside players that will likely be available.  Might bring back some of those bad memories of Dorrell Wright for Riley though.

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

NIce High School highlights, BUT, those knees bro...those knees. :(

I know bro but if he didn't have some warts he'd be a top 3 pick

3 hours ago, Edcanes said:

I know bro but if he didn't have some warts he'd be a top 3 pick

I don't like warts either.

NBA is a very tough place to play, trying to do it with bum knees? Not good in the long run.

Giles, 6-10, might be a gamble because of three knee procedures since 2013, and an ACL tear in high school. 

Because of the knee and slow development, he averaged only 3.9 points and 3.8 rebounds in limited playing time (11.5 minutes average) in 26 games. 

“Based on sheer talent, Giles is one of the three best players in the draft,” Ford said. “If he checks out medically, Giles has a chance to be a monster player in a few years.”

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Edcanes said:

Giles, 6-10, might be a gamble because of three knee procedures since 2013, and an ACL tear in high school. 

Because of the knee and slow development, he averaged only 3.9 points and 3.8 rebounds in limited playing time (11.5 minutes average) in 26 games. 

“Based on sheer talent, Giles is one of the three best players in the draft,” Ford said. “If he checks out medically, Giles has a chance to be a monster player in a few years.”

I would draft a healthy talent,...................... 

i would trade up, for a chance at dennis smith JR. Mock drafts have him going #9 to the mavericks. So a trade up in the 7-9 Range gives you a shot. Someone are suggesting trade winslow, if we were to do that i would hope it would be for Smith JR. Looks like a special offensive Talent we really need on this team. With giles injury risk, dont think hes the answer. but if the heat do sit at 14. I think you take the chance based on where we are picking, its worth the risk. 

Tj Leaf, john Collins, Ivan Rabb would ALL become LOST players on the Heat. Besides, these type PF's ceilings aren't high anyway (Tyler hansborough types that tear up college but come to the league just to average 8 & 8 for their careers) & I'm pretty sure we're locking in JJ at our stretch 4 anyway. If we do select a 4, it's best if we go with TALENT & select Isaiah Hartenstein. He's a FREAK, in a good way with upside...

with that being said.....WE NEED A WING. More than likely we're staying at 14 (depending on lottery of course) because the draft is deep & no one is looking to get out the lottery without receiving GREAT assets in return. So.....we should Take OG, or T. Ferguson. Granted, EACH guy has their flaws, but I do see something in each of them that we both need and could fit in the culture. Selecting at #14 we'll be drafting a player with weaknesses. But WE NEED WING HELP. ASSAAAAAP

• Like 2

On 4/16/2017 at 10:05 AM, Edcanes said:

Let's not draft somebody that is injury plagued. The best ability is availability. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by drafting somebody who cannot get on the court. We've dealt with a lot of injuries. We've had enough. I don't know about how the Spurs find talent. But they're so good at it. I hope we can figure out how we do it. 

I don't know much about those one and dones. But I hope we get a scorer, somebody who has the genes to score. 

Justin Jackson or Harry Giles. Giles could be a homerun as a later pick. We can find role players in Free Agency. Dream scenario, #1 and Markelle Fultz. Riley is selling the idea that all the top picks are PG's... he has to know that Fultz may very likely slot in as a two in the league. Also, Josh Jackson, Tatum and Issac are clearly not PG's...sales job.

1 hour ago, eko718 said:

Justin Jackson or Harry Giles. Giles could be a homerun as a later pick. We can find role players in Free Agency. Dream scenario, #1 and Markelle Fultz. Riley is selling the idea that all the top picks are PG's... he has to know that Fultz may very likely slot in as a two in the league. Also, Josh Jackson, Tatum and Issac are clearly not PG's...sales job.

Take whatever I say with a grain of salt because I don't watch college ball, only scouting highlights, but from what I gather Jackson is almost certainly a top 10 pick. I agree about Giles though, if he falls down to us, I'd gladly take him. Otherwise I say we should draft Isaiah as his skillset basically makes him a white Bosh.

TYYYLLLEERRRR,,,,, LYYYYDOOONNNNNN!!:lol::lol:lets-get-ready-to-rumble-o.gif

he's a stretch 4...can pass, rebound.. he just needs to strengthen a bit and develop his dribbling skills. he's a  high b-ball iQ type of player. he's gonna fit the subs perfectly! :D

9 hours ago, The Joker said:

Take whatever I say with a grain of salt because I don't watch college ball, only scouting highlights, but from what I gather Jackson is almost certainly a top 10 pick. I agree about Giles though, if he falls down to us, I'd gladly take him. Otherwise I say we should draft Isaiah as his skillset basically makes him a white Bosh.

I like Hartenstein a lot too.  Giles scares the crap outta me.  Plus he's not even a stretch 4, which is our biggest need at this moment. 

15 hours ago, TRIPLEA2TOOTSIES said:

I like Hartenstein a lot too.  Giles scares the crap outta me.  Plus he's not even a stretch 4, which is our biggest need at this moment. 

I sure would like to get a PF in the draft, several good ones to choose from, but if Reed can't be resigned, then whose going to backup Hassan? In August and September the only players the Heat will be able to add to the roster will most likely have to be minimum salary types. I'd hate to have to use our draft pick for a backup center. I hope Riley takes finding a way to resign Reed seriously. Dealing with the cap and other teams throwing money at players can really be frustrating. smh