heatchamp45

Lebron James has that look on his face.

Lebron James.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Will lebron abandon the cavs like he did to them before and the heat if he loses this years finals?

Lebron james has the same look on his face he had the last time the spurs beat us in the finals.

Will he abandon the cavs if he losses this years finals?

I think he signed for 3 years. But can he opt out?

No.  I don't think he will.  If he still has a drop of honor in him, he has to go down with that sinking Ship he himself created. 

• Like 2

And you know....that the warriors with that young core will dominate for at least 1 or two more years maybe more......By that time lebron will be over his prime.

I dont hate him because he helped us win two championship but i like to see him lose a few more times in the finals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadD said:

No.  I don't think he will.  If he still has a drop of honor in him, he has to go down with that sinking Ship he himself created. 

This. 

But I can kinda see him leaving too.  He'll put together some Uninterrupted production about how much he loves his hometown, and how much it meant for him to bring a title to The Land, and then explain why he has to leave.  I think Cleveland fans in the back of their minds don't think he'll stay either. 

I can kinda see him taking his talents to a big market like NY or LA...

The cavs confidence is shut....THey were in beast mode yesterday both him lebron and irvin and love with the rebounds and they still couldnt win. Im loving that.

3 minutes ago, TRIPLEA2TOOTSIES said:

This. 

But I can kinda see him leaving too.  He'll put together some Uninterrupted production about how much he loves his hometown, and how much it meant for him to bring a title to The Land, and then explain why he has to leave.  I think Cleveland fans in the back of their minds don't think he'll stay either. 

I can kinda see him taking his talents to a big market like NY or LA...

Nothing that man does would surprise me lol 

14 minutes ago, heatchamp45 said:

If he stays in cleveland i bet he wants cleveland to recruit players such as chris paul and them.

there cap stranded though. all they can do is make trades. theres really nothing the cavs can do, other then sign some min deals and try a find some defensive darkhorses. cant beat gsw with just offensive, there gm was insane for trading for korver when they were alrdy offensive heavy, they need wing defenders.

27 minutes ago, JustiseForHeat20 said:

there cap stranded though. all they can do is make trades. theres really nothing the cavs can do, other then sign some min deals and try a find some defensive darkhorses. cant beat gsw with just offensive, there gm was insane for trading for korver when they were alrdy offensive heavy, they need wing defenders.

They need a miracle 

Everybody talking about Love for PG13 and I am like the problem with the Cavs is the play iso hero ball and don't share the ball. Kerr told his team they will get tired wait them out. They need to move Irving for the best group of young shooters and player they can get. Even if you  get melo for free after a buy out and get PG 13 you are stuck with Trisitian who is a match up dream for GSW.

I think him Ingram PG 13 and Ball in 18 for the Lakers might be good. If Paul go to spurs  the West is a 2 team league and everyone else is going through motions.

20 minutes ago, MadD said:

They need a miracle 

games 2 and 3 were very competitive. i know gsw is 3-0 right now, but honestly credit to the cavs they have put up a fight better then i thought they would. With some wing defenders to take away those open shots they could make it a series.

He's under contract and can't opt out so it doesn't really matter what he wants.

1 hour ago, El Fuego said:

He's under contract and can't opt out so it doesn't really matter what he wants.

Player option next summer (2018).

The Cavs are going to have to make massive changes this season. Personally, I would be open to moving everyone not named LeBron on the roster. If I could get Paul George for Kyrie? I'd ship him out. If I could get 3/D Wings for Kevin Love, he's gone too.  This Cavs team is not versatile at all, which is my opinion, why they simply aren't even in the class of the '14 Spurs, '13 Heat, '12 Heat, '12 Thunder, etc. They developed awful fundamentals all season and now it's come to bite them, with sloppy transition defense and all sorts of missed assignments. Anyways, if the Cavs don't make major changes next season/ lose to GS again or are somehow dethroned in the East, I think LeBron leaves. He promised Cleveland 1 championship. 

Speaking of LeBron leaving I just saw this:http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/06/lebron_james_draymond_green.html

It was an  interesting  barber shop conversation and LBJ speaks about his decision to return to CLE. Apparently his wife and mother were not fond of returning to CLE - they actually were against it, specifically due to Dan Gilbert's letter.  

He also still holds animus towards Gilbert, as would any reasonable human being I'd presume. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wadeflash06 said:

Speaking of LeBron leaving I just saw this:http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/06/lebron_james_draymond_green.html

It was an  interesting  barber shop conversation and LBJ speaks about his decision to return to CLE. Apparently his wife and mother were not fond of returning to CLE - they actually were against it, specifically due to Dan Gilbert's letter.  

He also still holds animus towards Gilbert, as would any reasonable human being I'd presume. 

that , plus the fact that his wife build her own business in miami. Something she had a passion for. hard  to move away from something you put so much into. Heard of it? called the juice Spot. Healthy protein shakes and stuff. And you also put into account the success he had in miami, im sure his family was happy with he was able to accomplish with miami and felt like they were part of the miami heat culture at that point. I guess the drive to win won out though..... Something tells me its not that we lost to the spurs, its how we lost to them. It just didnt look like we could come back from that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wadeflash06 said:

The Cavs are going to have to make massive changes this season. Personally, I would be open to moving everyone not named LeBron on the roster. If I could get Paul George for Kyrie? I'd ship him out. If I could get 3/D Wings for Kevin Love, he's gone too.  This Cavs team is not versatile at all, which is my opinion, why they simply aren't even in the class of the '14 Spurs, '13 Heat, '12 Heat, '12 Thunder, etc. They developed awful fundamentals all season and now it's come to bite them, with sloppy transition defense and all sorts of missed assignments. Anyways, if the Cavs don't make major changes next season/ lose to GS again or are somehow dethroned in the East, I think LeBron leaves. He promised Cleveland 1 championship. 

Kyrie is untouchable.

Just now, carnageta said:

Kyrie is untouchable.

He shouldn't be. He's a great scorer, but you need to matchup defensively against the Dubs. Versatility is key.

7 minutes ago, Wadeflash06 said:

He shouldn't be. He's a great scorer, but you need to matchup defensively against the Dubs. Versatility is key.

He has underrated defense. It doesn't matter which point-guard you point on Steph, you're not stopping him regardless. Besides, he has outplayed Curry the last 2 games, and last years finals. Irving is basically the perfect sidekick to Lebron, he's a big shot maker with an alpha dog mentality. His versatility is one of the reasons why Cleveland was able to win this game and almost the last one.

7 minutes ago, carnageta said:

He has underrated defense. It doesn't matter which point-guard you point on Steph, you're not stopping him regardless. Besides, he has outplayed Curry the last 2 games, and last years finals. Irving is basically the perfect sidekick to Lebron, he's a big shot maker with an alpha dog mentality. His versatility is one of the reasons why Cleveland was able to win this game, and almost the last game.

His defense has been really bad in games 1-3. I wasn't paying much to the x'os and tonight so I can't comment to his performance on that end today. His lack of playmaking/ ability to process the floor is also part of the reason why the Cavs get killed when LBJ is off the floor, the regular data shows this to be a problem for 2-3 years. By the way, I do AGREE he's the ideal sidekick next to him. But, with GS, we're talking about maybe the best team ever with 2 top 3 players and 2 other future hall of famers. Irving/this CLE team would be 50/50 if they played a regular contender, but when thinking about matching the Dubs you need to think out of the box.

Lastly:  He didn't outplay Curry in game 3. Defense matters, floor management matters. Curry was poised and handled the trap well. Irving crapped the bed in the first half and is part of the reason they played from a hole. He scored more points for sure. There's more to the game than that, especially when he was leaking points on the other end.  Heading into this game Curry, had the best net rating in the series, which is a testament to just how freaking good he's been. 

2 hours ago, Wadeflash06 said:

His defense has been really bad in games 1-3. I wasn't paying much to the x'os and tonight so I can't comment to his performance on that end today. His lack of playmaking/ ability to process the floor is also part of the reason why the Cavs get killed when LBJ is off the floor, the regular data shows this to be a problem for 2-3 years. By the way, I do AGREE he's the ideal sidekick next to him. But, with GS, we're talking about maybe the best team ever with 2 top 3 players and 2 other future hall of famers. Irving/this CLE team would be 50/50 if they played a regular contender, but when thinking about matching the Dubs you need to think out of the box.

Lastly:  He didn't outplay Curry in game 3. Defense matters, floor management matters. Curry was poised and handled the trap well. Irving crapped the bed in the first half and is part of the reason they played from a hole. He scored more points for sure. There's more to the game than that, especially when he was leaking points on the other end.  Heading into this game Curry, had the best net rating in the series, which is a testament to just how freaking good he's been. 

You make some good points, but I really believe letting go of Kyrie isn't going to be the answer for Cleveland. His defense may be questionable at times, but he is capable of scoring along with the best of them, and to defeat this Warriors team you need to be able to score.. BIG. 

Paul George is intriguing, but I don't believe he would be worth it if it meant letting go of Irving. The Warriors have the best back-court in the NBA, and you need to be able to put consistent pressure on that back-court if you want a chance. Kyrie does exactly that. He has a killer, clutch, alpha gene that is rare in today's game. 

He averages 6 assists per game, but being a play-maker is not who he is - he's a scoring guard. Lebron James is the actual play-maker on that team.

On 08/06/2017 at 9:39 PM, heatchamp45 said:

Lebron james has the same look on his face he had the last time the spurs beat us in the finals.

Will he abandon the cavs if he losses this years finals?

I think he signed for 3 years. But can he opt out?

This year? No, he signed a 3 year deal that runs until the 2018-19 season. The third year is a player option so after next season he can choose to opt out and sign a new deal with the Cavs or move to another team.

Will he leave the Cavs? I'll be honest, I don't think he will leave again and will most likely close his career out in Cleveland. I suppose he could want to end his career in LA, but I doubt they'll be ready to win or offer him a better chance to win than the Cavs. Ok the Cavs don't have the cap space to land a big name free agent, but they could decide to reshape their roster through trades like moving on from Thompson and Love.