Adebayos Talent Level  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How good can he be?

• Poor mans Taj Gibson
    • Poor mans Boris Diaw
    • All-star Talent
    • Superstar in the making

MaxHeat69    450

We'll have to see it in a REEEEAAAAAAL NBA game,..........................

• Like 1

JustiseForHeat20    1,631
25 minutes ago, MaxHeat69 said:

We'll have to see it in a REEEEAAAAAAL NBA game,..........................

long ways away from that max, until then all we can do is talk about it.

svelte jj    192
1 hour ago, JustiseForHeat20 said:

From what you seen at the college Lvl, and Summer League. State your case.

his main test: is he better than willie reed?

MaxHeat69    450
8 minutes ago, svelte jj said:

his main test: is he better than willie reed?

If we give him a chance, why not???....................

really? more voted for poor mans Taj Gibson? :lol: Gibson doesn't have the eurostep and Bam is more athletic. he'll be a superstar in the future like 4 years from now.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rileysrighthand said:

really? more voted for poor mans Taj Gibson? :lol: Gibson doesn't have the eurostep and Bam is more athletic. he'll be a superstar in the future like 4 years from now.

i voted for Taj Gibson myself.... 

its just a better way to go about it with rooks. Dont expect much, get alot more then you were expecting. Ect....

svelte jj    192
5 hours ago, Rileysrighthand said:

for a big man his overall FG is not good. he needs to get better at it.

I'll play.

If this season he can play as a poor-mans Taj Gibson that'd be fine for his rookie year.

Since the question is how good can he be, and this is a Heat forum and I'm a fan, I'll just go ahead and say superstar :D

He's super athletic for his size, and fits in well with ours (and more NBA teams) positionless basketball line-ups.  But he seems a bit different in that regard.  Being he is still young, he looks like he can add on some more muscle mass easily to his frame without sacrificing speed at all.  A guy that can run with the small ball lineups no problem, but then make them pay on the boards.  Hopefully his offensive game can go from respectable to good, and he can be a great player.  

• Like 1

TRIPLEA2TOOTSIES    1,542
5 hours ago, #1draftppick said:

These poll options suck

Lol I have to agree (sorry, 20).

He's way more athletic than Gibson and Diaw. 

If he ever becomes a playmaker like Diaw, he'll be a superstar.  But I don't see him being that type of player.  Watching him in the SL, I couldn't help but think of Blake Griffin.  Hopefully The Bam has more work ethic.

I selected the 4th option btw.

19 minutes ago, TRIPLEA2TOOTSIES said:

Lol I have to agree (sorry, 20).

He's way more athletic than Gibson and Diaw. 

If he ever becomes a playmaker like Diaw, he'll be a superstar.  But I don't see him being that type of player.  Watching him in the SL, I couldn't help but think of Blake Griffin.  Hopefully The Bam has more work ethic.

I selected the 4th option btw.

Taj Gibson i think is a good implication so far what he has done, yea he shown some athletic ability but its summer league ffs. what did you guys want, charles barkley on there? lmao.... im going with a different approach with bam. especting less, hoping to get alot more.... im not going to hype our rooks up anymore and then be disssappointed like i have been with winslow. I remember when ppl were saying Kawi leonard when it comes to winslow, ya that turned out great. 

3 hours ago, JustiseForHeat20 said:

Taj Gibson i think is a good implication so far what he has done, yea he shown some athletic ability but its summer league ffs. what did you guys want, charles barkley on there? lmao.... im going with a different approach with bam. especting less, hoping to get alot more.... im not going to hype our rooks up anymore and then be disssappointed like i have been with winslow. I remember when ppl were saying Kawi leonard when it comes to winslow, ya that turned out great. 

I feel you, 20, but we shouldn't be trying to curb our enthusiasm or our expectations for The Bam.  I can't say that I agree with that way of thinking.  Between his skillset, and his God given size and agility, we should all expect good things from him.  The expectations for Winslow were justified.  He also has a unique skillset and is blessed when it comes to his size and agility.  If The Bam puts in the work; I'm talking about puts in the work how JJ puts in the work, then he will exceed all of our expectations.

The question shouldn't be how good is Bam...it should be how good can The Bam be?

28 minutes ago, TRIPLEA2TOOTSIES said:

I feel you, 20, but we shouldn't be trying to curb our enthusiasm or our expectations for The Bam.  I can't say that I agree with that way of thinking.  Between his skillset, and his God given size and agility, we should all expect good things from him.  The expectations for Winslow were justified.  He also has a unique skillset and is blessed when it comes to his size and agility.  If The Bam puts in the work; I'm talking about puts in the work how JJ puts in the work, then he will exceed all of our expectations.

The question shouldn't be how good is Bam...it should be how good can The Bam be?

the thread title is just an intro to the topic, the  official poll question is how good can he be, read closely.

Its cool, we dont all have to agree on how to view it... point is we all want the best for the team.... and from talkin to other fans of other teams, they are very impressed with bam.... which is great to hear...

8 minutes ago, JustiseForHeat20 said:

the thread title is just an intro to the topic, the  official poll question is how good can he be, read closely.

Its cool, we dont all have to agree on how to view it... point is we all want the best for the team.... and from talkin to other fans of other teams, they are very impressed with bam.... which is great to hear...

Lol...my bad, I see it now. 

And you're right, we don't all have to agree.  Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Image result for my bad gif