Majestic

2017/2018 Heat Training Camp - Pre-Season Thread

I was going to wait till September to start this thread, but since the continued talk about the Kyrie trade was upsetting so many members being discussed in the Miami Post Season thread, I decided to close that thread and start this one now. 

Lets keep this thread Miami Heat discussion only. Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As we inch closer to training camp here's some shooting info on Goran Dragic from last season. Looking for the Dragon to get off to a much better start this season.

Dion Waiters shooting study...We need an All-Star season from this man.

I'm expecting a very competitive TC and pre-season since all these guys have been playing and working out all summer. Should be good.

my predicted starting lineup day 1 n other predictions

goran-dion-winslow-james-whiteside

Heat MVP  - Whiteside

Heat Best Defender - James

Heat most improved player- KO

Heat 6th man - Wayne

Heat All-star Nominees -  Dion, Whiteside, James johnson. 

• Like 1

Heat Culture strikes again...lol. This time with Dion Waiters. 

Looking for Dion to have a strong pre-season and a hot start to the season as well. Hard work will pay off with a talent like his.

1 hour ago, TRIPLEA2TOOTSIES said:

LET'S GO, DION!!!

I have a box full of "I told you so" ready to go under my bed.  I am sure you as well :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadD said:

I have a box full of "I told you so" ready to go under my bed.  I am sure you as well :D 

:lol:...you already know, D. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Majestic said:

Sounds good to me.

Good read.  The #1 goal on this list is something that I lobbied for early and often last season, and that is to make JJ a starter.

Obviously we know all of the reasons as to why Coach Spo-ttieottiedopealicous decided to keep JJ with the second unit, but it was obvious by December that JJ had emerged as not only one of our best players, but a leader as well.  This season I think it's a no-brainer that JJ starts.  With more able bodies available to help out at the 4 spot this season, JJ will be able to show what he can do as a starter.

• Like 1

Saw this while reading the JJ article that Maj posted...

https://hoopshabit.com/2017/08/28/miami-heat-5-goals-guard-dion-waiters-2017-18/

Gotta agree with the writer of this article when he points out that Dion has to improve on his free throw percentage as well as being more available.  After all, it's true what they say - the best ability is AVAIL-ability.  I'm not too worried about him staying aggressive, or his finishing at the rim, which seemed to improve as the season went on.  And as he continues to get himself into world-class shape, I see him turning a lot of those layups into dunks this season.

As for him being an All-Star this season, I feel that as long as he stays healthy, he's a lock.

Any articles our guys about theire development how theire percentage in shooting and playing defence? Or playing against other country for tune up games?

12 minutes ago, SHAQWADE said:

Any articles our guys about theire development how theire percentage in shooting and playing defence? Or playing against other country for tune up games?

Dragon playing for Slovenian National Team right now. I posted this earlier, but since you asked, Goran had a double-double a couple days ago...10 assists. Nice.

Check out the posts above about Dragic's and Waiters' scouting reports on their shooting from last season too.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info majestic. We still a underdog. That's why i'm looking theire development and bonding each other to build the chemistry.

2 hours ago, SHAQWADE said:

Thanks for the info majestic. We still a underdog. That's why i'm looking theire development and bonding each other to build the chemistry.

Development should be there for guys like Winslow, TJ, JRich...I expect them to be better even if it's just a little bit. Looking for KO to play a bigger role for Miami than he did in Boston. I think guys like McGruder and Ellington will continue to be strong role players. Bam should have a solid rookie season. Dragic/Waiters extend their 7/11 reputation, JJ becomes our starting 4 and Whiteside becomes an All-Star. I think the chemistry is already solid and this team will be a formidable underdog. With decent health this team is definitely a playoff team and with a little luck should impress the doubters and do well in the playoffs. If you're a Heat fan, the season holds a lot of promise. Can't wait!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Majestic said:

Development should be there for guys like Winslow, TJ, JRich...I expect them to be better even if it's just a little bit. Looking for KO to play a bigger role for Miami than he did in Boston. I think guys like McGruder and Ellington will continue to be strong role players. Bam should have a solid rookie season. Dragic/Waiters extend their 7/11 reputation, JJ becomes our starting 4 and Whiteside becomes an All-Star. I think the chemistry is already solid and this team will be a formidable underdog. With decent health this team is definitely a playoff team and with a little luck should impress the doubters and do well in the playoffs. If you're a Heat fan, the season holds a lot of promise. Can't wait!

Image result for nodding gif  Damn right.

LETS GO HEAT!!!

Kind of a cheap shot from Broussard. No one, including LeBron, ever expected Spo to be a Jackson, Riley or Popovich during LeBron's 4 years with the Heat. As the article states, LeBron's FG% improved every year he was in Miami and so did his 3 point shooting and he won two MVPs and two NBA titles. Erik Spoelstra has evolved into one of the best coaches in the NBA and Broussard has evolved into a sports journalist that most people don't even take seriously anymore. Nuff said.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Kind of a cheap shot from Broussard. No one, including LeBron, ever expected Spo to be a Jackson, Riley or Popovich during LeBron's 4 years with the Heat. As the article states, LeBron's FG% improved every year he was in Miami and so did his 3 point shooting and he won two MVPs and two NBA titles. Erik Spoelstra has evolved into one of the best coaches in the NBA and Broussard has evolved into a sports journalist that most people don't even take seriously anymore. Nuff said.

Yes!  Broussard = classic LeBron apologist. 

It's too soon to have this argument.  I agree that it's kind of a cheap shot because he's putting Spo in the same class as Mike Brown and Ty Lue, and Spo is a much better, much more accomplished coach.  Like you and the writer pointed out, LeBron had his best statistical years with Coach Spo and also improved his game under Spo as well.

When Spo-ttieottiedopealicious is done coaching, he'll be a HOF'er and one of the most respected, and admired coaches ever.  But until then, when it comes to Erik Spoelstra's name...

Related image

Couldn't resist B)

1 hour ago, TRIPLEA2TOOTSIES said:

Spo-ttieottiedopealicious

Isn't Spottieottiedopealicious Angel a woman?