Majestic

2017/2018 Heat Training Camp - Pre-Season Thread

Hate that mcgruder got hurt because hes our best defender and a 3 and D player getting even better and helping keep that scum winslow on the bench. But J rich can play SF so its fine. The depth comes in handy :D

9 minutes ago, #1draftppick said:

Hate that mcgruder got hurt because hes our best defender and a 3 and D player getting even better and helping keep that scum winslow on the bench. But J rich can play SF so its fine. The depth comes in handy :D

Lol...well damn.  Harsh much?

Seriously tho, this sucks for Rodney.  You know dude has worked his a-s-s off to get to where he's at.  Get well soon, Rowdy Rod!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, #1draftppick said:

lol...watch winslow start now ;/ 

2 minutes ago, JustiseForHeat20 said:

lol...watch winslow start now ;/ 

lol I dont think spo that dumb though. 

He knows winslow is best when he can handle the ball with the 2nd unit with JJ..Plus in the 2nd unit he doesnt have to sit on the perimeter like he would with the starters 

J rich got that spot locked up and Im glad. Hes going to shine just like 2nd round pick rio shining over lotto pick beasley

10 minutes ago, SG-Three said:

Look like Winslow's performance is still a meh???

hard to tell...wont know until we about 20 games in imo 

If he finishes the season where I can say he is the 7th best player on the team, itll be an improvement 

1 hour ago, #1draftppick said:

helping keep that scum winslow on the bench. 

Wash that foul mouth with soap.

soap.gif

10 hours ago, SG-Three said:

Look like Winslow's performance is still a meh???

I know there are so many believers here.. but Im not one of them... I think he is lacking of Basketball IQ...  he makes rarly the right decision when to pass, drive, shoot.. most of the time he is forcing it to much... I will wait out more games into the season but im not convinced .. but he might have trade value

3 hours ago, MYC said:

I know there are so many believers here.. but Im not one of them... I think he is lacking of Basketball IQ...  he makes rarly the right decision when to pass, drive, shoot.. most of the time he is forcing it to much... I will wait out more games into the season but im not convinced .. but he might have trade value

Winslow sees the court better than most of his teammates.  I would say the basketball IQ is just fine.

He forces the issue because the pull up jumper isn't an option.  Until that's added to the repertoire hes going to be limited in what he can do.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MYC said:

I think he is lacking of Basketball IQ.

That's his best asset, as PW said above he sees the court really well and understands the Heat system as well as anybody. Knows everybody's role and where they're supposed to be on the court during plays. Questioning his shooting, aggressiveness at the rim and lately his confidence is one thing, but it will be his high level intelligence and basketball IQ that will get him to overcome these early career weaknesses. JMHO

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MYC said:

Lol...that's the one thing he has going for him (right now).  

47 minutes ago, BigDaddyK said:

Is Hammond's heading to the g league

According to that tweet I posted above from Ira Winderman, AJ is still on the roster. Hammons didn't play in the pre-season presumably because of a bout with the flu, but with players like Whiteside, Olynyk, JJ, Bam, Mickey and Haslem, it appears he won't get any PT at this point. 

21 minutes ago, Takashi said:

So we have our *16th & *17th men. Hopefully Mickey takes the last spot and we're good to go 

Williams and Walton are the Heat's two 2-way contract players now, so they're headed to Sioux Falls. They will be eligible to play in 45 NBA games this season, but won't be eligible for the post season unless their contracts are converted back to a regular NBA contract and roster space is cleared. Mickey has a $1.4 mil guaranteed contract so it appears he has made the 15 player roster. A.J. Hammons makes the final roster as well...for now.