JustiseForHeat20

2018 Miami Heat Offseason Thread

4 hours ago, Majestic said:

Here comes the riff-raff out of the woodwork. LOL Twitter starting to "heat" up with crazy rumors.

It would be great if we did manage to pry Kawhi Leonard from the Spurs. Obviously we would need guarantees that he would sign an extension, but I suspect if LeBron came to town and Paul George as well it would be an easy decision for Kawhi to make. However, I don't see us being able to put that trio together. I think it would be more realistic to persuade one of them to come to Miami to pair with Kawhi, and hopefully we would be able to hold onto some of our young core to remain in starting spots like Richardson/Winslow to play SG and Bam at C, with PG and LeBron playing SF and PF. 

3 hours ago, JustiseForHeat20 said:

miamis a big market where kawi would big endorsement deals and be in limelight so it makes sense, but first, we dont have the cap space to sign lebron..... and we also dont have the assets to probably get spurs to accept a trade. Highly unlikely this dream scenario ever happens.

If the rumor is true that they don't want to trade Kawhi to a team in the same conference, it does reduce the number of potential deals they could get for Kawhi Leonard if they focus on the east.

What teams could trade for him? 

Boston have the young talent and draft picks to tempt the Spurs, but to be honest I think they should stick with what they've got because Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Horford is potentially one of the best all round starting fives in the league. 

Philly have the assets to get a deal done and putting Kawhi in the same team as Simmons and Embiid would be very appealing to them. However, they might not want to sacrifice some of their young talent and instead prefer to try to tempt LeBron or Paul George to town. 

Milwaukee could probably put a deal together to pair Kawhi and Giannis, but it would probably require Middleton and Parker (sign and trade) plus future picks, unless they throw Bledsoe and Middleton/Parker to them. It's just a question of how much they are willing to give up. 

Could Washington put something together involving Otto Porter and Kelly Oubre plus draft picks? It might be appealing to them to add those two highly rated young talents and at least this year's first round pick. The thought of Wall, Beal and Kawhi as a trio for Washington is potentially scary. 

New York could put something together but that might leave the cupboard fairly bare for them, but I'm sure they would love to have Kawhi and Porzingis as their main duo. 

As for us we do have some appealing young talent in Richardson, Winslow, and Bam that could interest them. We could also include Dragic in a deal to give them an upgrade at PG and that would allow them to remain competitive since I doubt they will want to enter tank mode next season. Granted it might be tough for us to put a deal together without leaving our cupboard bare but we do have some appealing players to help them now and in the future. 

5 minutes ago, Retro_MDR255 said:

Id trade our whole team and draft pick to get Kawhi and Rozier.Sign Lebron and fill the rest with 2nd round picks and cheap guys.

2nd round exit instead of 1st round exit. Movin' on up. 👍

5 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

If the rumor is true that they don't want to trade Kawhi to a team in the same conference, it does reduce the number of potential deals they could get for Kawhi Leonard if they focus on the east.

What teams could trade for him? 

Boston have the young talent and draft picks to tempt the Spurs, but to be honest I think they should stick with what they've got because Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Horford is potentially one of the best all round starting fives in the league. 

Philly have the assets to get a deal done and putting Kawhi in the same team as Simmons and Embiid would be very appealing to them. However, they might not want to sacrifice some of their young talent and instead prefer to try to tempt LeBron or Paul George to town. 

Milwaukee could probably put a deal together to pair Kawhi and Giannis, but it would probably require Middleton and Parker (sign and trade) plus future picks, unless they throw Bledsoe and Middleton/Parker to them. It's just a question of how much they are willing to give up. 

Could Washington put something together involving Otto Porter and Kelly Oubre plus draft picks? It might be appealing to them to add those two highly rated young talents and at least this year's first round pick. The thought of Wall, Beal and Kawhi as a trio for Washington is potentially scary. 

New York could put something together but that might leave the cupboard fairly bare for them, but I'm sure they would love to have Kawhi and Porzingis as their main duo. 

As for us we do have some appealing young talent in Richardson, Winslow, and Bam that could interest them. We could also include Dragic in a deal to give them an upgrade at PG and that would allow them to remain competitive since I doubt they will want to enter tank mode next season. Granted it might be tough for us to put a deal together without leaving our cupboard bare but we do have some appealing players to help them now and in the future. 

ya i get what your saying but just look at the bos/cavs deal for irving..... some gms wont care about that, and will just take the best deal available so again, we can dream and all, but its just doubtful that we have enough to land Leonard. Id love for it to happen ofcourse but its a long shot. Jrich got snubbed from all defensive, winslow isnt really putting up big numbers just yet and bam is just raw talent. Not sure we even have a pick to offer. Irving wanted to be in miami also, but it didnt matter what the player wanted. Team will ship out for the best offer. 

On ESPN's Get Up, Danny Green said Kawhi personally told him he wants to stay in San Antonio.

Supermax contract should seal the deal. Just a matter of time.